Filed under: Quillblog , Anne of Green Gables, Bible, CBC, Governor General's Literary Awards, Hunter S. Thompson, Jose Saramago, Kanye West, Maurice Sendak, ottawa, Oxford, Where the Wild Things Are, zombies
Sundry links from around the Web:
- Following in the footsteps of Kanye West and 50 Cent, NPR reports that The Wu-Tang Clan’s Robert F. Diggs (aka The RZA) is the latest rap artist to pen an inspirational book. The title: The Tao of Wu
- Halloween is just around the corner. Need a costume idea? Check out these literary-themed costumes. Zombie Hunter S. Thompson, anyone?
- Speaking of zombies, the Oxford University Press blog discusses our culture’s obsession with the dark and monstrous
- Think the new Where the Wild Things Are movie is too scary for children? “Go to hell … or wet your pants,” author Maurice Sendak tells parents
- Portuguese writer and Nobel laureate Jose Saramago says the Bible is a “manual of bad morals”
- St. Anne? The CBC reports on an Ottawa exhibition, the Canadian Martyrdom Series, that portrays Anne of Green Gables as a martyr