Are you looking for an excuse to talk about books all day? Are you the sort of person who finds joy in a perfectly formatted spreadsheet? Do you dream of a workplace full of interesting and indie-spirited people who share your passion for Very Good Books?
House of Anansi Press and Groundwood Books is one of the largest independent publishing companies in Canada, and we are looking for a dynamic and organized Sales Assistant!
The Sales Assistant is a full-time permanent position in the Sales Department. The Sales Assistant works across both Anansi and Groundwood imprints and reports to the National Accounts Manager. This position requires a close working relationship with all internal departments including the marketing, editorial, and production departments, as well as with our field sales reps in Canada and in the US where the Sales Assistant provides administrative, analytical, and sales support.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, self-motivated, and committed to a career in publishing. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and juggle priorities, and will have strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs. A positive attitude and a passion for selling books are essential and a minimum of one year of experience in the publishing industry is a valuable asset.
- Working closely with sales reps, sales staff, warehouse customer service, and financial departments to make sure sales go smoothly to bookstores, authors, and at special events.
- Supporting field sales reps by coordinating materials and serving as their in-house contact for events, publicity, and marketing matters.
- Organizing for and attending events such as author launches, conferences, and public events like Word on the Street and the Toronto Comic Arts Festival.
- Assisting in the management of Canadian and US inventory by monitoring stock levels and coordinating stock transfers while working closely with warehouse staff and the sales team.
- Managing direct sales and web sales including customer service, invoicing, and fulfilling orders.
- Assisting with the creation of marketing and sales materials for reps and sales staff.
- Note: Some activities take place on weekends and outside of typical business hours. A valid driver’s license is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that offers a great work environment and an excellent benefits program.
Interested applicants are asked to complete the web form and upload their cover letter and résumé here:
All applications are due by July 28, 2017. No phone calls please. We would like to thank all those who apply, but only those under consideration will be contacted.