Wanted: Production Manager
Full time for a one year contract
Second Story Press is an independent Canadian publisher, which focuses on women’s experiences, special concerns, and issues in our adult fiction and non-fiction. Our children’s and young adult fiction and non-fiction emphasizes human rights, social justice, diversity, the Holocaust, and Indigenous Peoples.
- Managing files from editors through to printers
- Coordinating all stages of production and ensuring projects meet deadlines and budget
- Typesetting and design of book interiors and covers
- Proofreading and checking print and ebook files
- Working with freelance illustrators and designers
- Sourcing print quotes and handling the printing of frontlist books and reprints
- Creating and preparing ebook files for Kobo, Apple, and other vendors
- Production-related administrative tasks including obtaining permissions, CIP applications, photo research, and uploading/maintaining files via Booksonix and CoreSource
- Creation of marketing materials, print and digital: catalogues, flyers, posters, ARCs, bookmarks, ads, etc.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, and MS Office
- Knowledge of print production, colour proofing, and prepress file preparation
- Experience with design and typesetting of print books
- Knowledge of proofreader’s marks and experience proofreading
- Experience with ebook production is an asset
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Completion of a publishing program or related experience
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter with references to email@example.com by 9am August 28th.