Founded in 1989, Thompson Educational Publishing, Inc. is a family owned and operated educational publishing company located in Toronto. Our mission is to create high-quality teaching and learning resources and to help elevate the quality of education being offered in Canadian schools. We publish an expanding list of multi-component resources (textbooks, teacher/instructor materials, student workbooks) in both print and digital formats for the K–12 and higher education markets.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We have an immediate opening for a Production Assistant. The position is a 3-month contract to begin, but could extend to permanent given the right skill set.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assistant will be primarily responsible for completing page layouts, executing corrections, and preparing files for both print and digital outputs. The successful candidate will have a background in book design and composition, impeccable organizational skills, a keen eye for editorial and visual detail, and a commitment to maintaining a high degree of quality and efficiency. Experience in print design and production is essential, and experience with web and other forms of digital publishing would be considered a strong asset.
- Minimum 2 years of book design/composition experience, preferably in educational publishing
- Degree or certificate in publishing and/or graphic design, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign and InCopy
- Strong eye for editorial and visual detail
- Demonstrated ability to assess project needs quickly and complete tasks accurately and on time
- Experience with web design and code (HTML, CSS etc.) considered a strong asset
- Experience with photo research considered an asset
- Experience in education and/or educational publishing considered an asset
Interested candidates should submit an application to email@example.com by 30 June 2017, with “Production Assistant” in the subject line. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.