Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher? Then, come and join our incredible P-Shift team!
Here’s Our Current Opening:
Position: P-Shift Coordinator, 6-month contract
Reports To: Manager, P-Shift
Location: Dufferin & Steeles
In this role you will coordinate book project intake and assign projects for the P-Shift team; manage project and time tracking tools, perform monthly client billing and other administrative duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Project intake: Using online time- and workflow-tracking software, handles project intake and file review and assigns each project as appropriate.
- Project coordination: Corresponds with clients and vendors and performs project-management tasks.
- Administration & Documentation: Creates and maintains internal documentation for P-Shift department; prepares monthly billing information; monitors database update log and submits new entries on a regular basis.
Here’s what we are looking for….
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- You have experience in a scholarly or educational publishing environment (production and/or editorial) and/or digital publishing
- You’re proficient in MS Word, including working with Styles functions and using regular expressions with Wildcards to perform tasks
- You are familiar with the elements of scholarly books and journals
- You have some knowledge of XML workflows and/or EPUB production
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- You are incredibly organized, self-motivated, and goal-oriented
- You have excellent communication skills and understand the importance of customer service
- You exhibit patience and grace under pressure; multiple and competing priorities are an accepted challenge rather than a terrifying concept
- You consider yourself to be tech-savvy
- You’re excited about the idea of working in a learning environment and enjoy collaborating with a team
- You are innovative, creative, and forward thinking
- You understand there is always more than one solution to a given problem, and you are eager to hear other people’s ideas and solutions
- You are a good fit with our core values of respect, innovation, and accountability
About our P-Shift Team
The P-Shift team is responsible for the XML-first-workflow that our three publishing divisions use (Higher Education, Scholarly Publishing, and Journals) and creates retail-ready EPUBs for the vast majority of books published. P-Shift also maintains an ever-growing portfolio of external publisher clients who are located throughout North America and Europe for whom we provide these same services as well as other services related to editorial and typesetting support. We are an engaged and collaborative team who enjoy working with one another; we are known for sharing chocolate, new ideas for development, technical solutions to technical problems, and the occasional baby animal picture. As a team we are dedicated to supporting our three publishing divisions and we take great pride in helping all of our external publisher clients meet their e-publishing goals.
Interested in Applying?
Send your resume with a covering letter by February 24, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “P-Shift Coordinator” in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.