|Date Posted||August 22, 2014|
Biblioasis, a literary press based in Windsor, Ontario, is in the market for a dynamic full-time in-house publicist.
- plan and implement national and international publicity strategies for 16-20 books annually, including electronic pitches, review copy mailings, and related follow-up
- build and manage relations with key media throughout North America
- write and tailor catalogue copy for different markets
- write and update press releases and pitches
- manage and update bibliodata and other electronic feeds to keep information about our books current
- liaise with bookstores to promote our books, arrange author signings, and secure event coverage in area media
- use social media to promote press, authors and books
- submit books for appropriate awards programs
- create and implement special promotions and co-op for key titles
- help plan author receptions, book launches, and trade show appearances
- write funding applications and grants which pertain to marketing, sales and author travel
- oversee updates on the Press’s website
- serve as a spokesperson for the press
- liaise with sales forces in Canada and the United States
- field author queries and help handle author relations
- solicit blurbs and endorsements
- solicit direct sales
- other duties as assigned
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- highly organized with exceptional attention to detail under tight deadlines
- strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media outlets/technology
- strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills are essential
- the ability to prioritize and work on numerous tasks simultaneously and the ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
- must be able to travel via any means necessary and must have a valid driver’s license and passport; overnight and occasional weekend and week-long travel will be required.
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume by September 15, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.