Popular Book Company (Canada) Ltd was established in 1994 to publish quality workbooks and other learning materials for preschool and elementary children.
We are seeking a full-time editor to work with our writers and graphic artists to produce multiple units of workbooks under a monthly deadline pressure. This is the ideal position for a graduate of a journalism or English/French degree, who has had some experience in a publishing environment.
The Editor's duties will include:
- Plan, write, read and proofread content both in English and French materials
- Work with writers and graphic artists to develop story and content ideas
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in English/French, journalism or a related field
- Competent in French
- At least two years' experience working in a publishing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills, abilities for project management and problem-solving
- Detail-oriented, creative and adaptable to a high-speed work environment
Interest applicants are asked to forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.