Want to work with Canada’s leading scholarly publisher? Then, come and join our incredible Journals team.
Here is our Current Opening:
Position: Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Location: Dufferin & Steeles area
The Digital Marketing Coordinator plays a critical role in supporting the promotion, planning and executing digital marketing initiatives, and growing the online presence and driving engagement for 40+ journals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, eager and hard-working individual who is committed to growing their career in marketing.
If you are passionate about marketing, have a can-do attitude, and want to apply your skills and continue to develop your marketing savvy, then this opportunity is for you.
- Contributes to new and ongoing website projects
- Creates and curates marketing content and maintains presence on websites and online platform
- Performs regular analysis to measure effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives
- Manages social media channels including updating and maintaining social media calendar, creating digital advertising and pay per click campaigns
- Engages with online communities through social channels
- Builds digital expertise by researching new trends and best practices in social media and digital world and identifying appropriate strategies for UTPJ content
- Implements direct e-mail, newsletter, and listserv campaigns – writing and designing messages, deploying messages, analyzing results, and creating reports
- Manages content marketing initiatives, including blog posts, press releases, new content alerts to drive traffic to online use
- Manages content recruitment initiatives, such as calls for papers and sponsorships
- Coordinates scholarly awards and outreach activities, including best article awards
- Contributes to major marketing campaigns and events as part of the marketing team, including designing and/or creating ads and collateral material, assisting with conference exhibits organization and staffing (including travel)
- Researches and identifies trends and new technologies that will improve the digital positioning and marketing of scholarly journals and their authors
- Some business travel required
Here's what we are looking for:
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University education
- Publishing certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related business environment; experience in periodical or scholarly environment an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Collaborative, results and action oriented, creative and innovative self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Demonstrable past experience in the successful development, implementation, and optimization of digital marketing campaigns
- Experience connecting with consumers via social media platforms
- Experience with digital marketing email and automation platforms
- Solid data gathering and analysis capabilities
- A high degree of passion and interest in marketing
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize a diverse workload, and ability to manage multiple projects with ease and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Conducts oneself with a consistent and genuinely positive attitude toward the UTP’s growth and long-term success
- Positive and professional approach; ability to represent UTP and present concepts to customers with confidence
- A good fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Journals Team
We are a tight group and enjoy each other’s company. We work in close collaboration with academic editors and associations and manage all aspects of the periodical publishing process. Along the way, we help editors manage the peer review process through our online peer review system; copy-edit the accepted material; handle typesetting and XML tagging, proofreading and printing; sell advertising space in our publications; promote our journals to an international market; process subscriber payments; provide customer service; and mail our journals to subscribers in every country across the globe.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume with a covering letter by August 25, 2017, to: email@example.com
Please indicate Digital Marketing Coordinator in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.