The Canadian Manda Group is looking for a home-based, full-time sales representative located in the Vancouver, BC area to service select accounts within the lower mainland and Vancouver Island.
· Execute sales for our stable of publishers to a variety of accounts including independent bookstores, specialty shops, museum stores and university bookstores
· Manage all aspects of communication between accounts and publishers
· Organize and execute catalogue and ARC mailings
· Attend and participate in 3 sales conferences per year in Toronto
· Escort visiting authors to media interviews, signings, events, etc., i.e. The Vancouver Writers Festival
· Work closely with booksellers and publishers to set up author visits / signings / events / promos as required
· Expectation is to travel within assigned territory as needed
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to self-manage time, priorities and resources. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a requirement. A strong grasp of the publishing landscape in Canada would be a plus.
Start date is approximately September 1st.
Please send letter of introduction and resume complete with references to Carey Low: email@example.com
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.