June 27, 2013
Deadline for applicants: July 4, 2013.
eBOUND Canada is an organization based in Toronto, Ontario, which arose out of the Association of Canadian Publishers to address the need to provide support to independent Canadian publishers in their efforts to keep pace with ever-shifting technology. eBOUND provides digital services as developed by the eBOUND Board of Directors. Services fall into three broad categories: collective purchase of digital services, collective licensing of ebook content, and dissemination of market and technical intelligence.
The Digital Services Coordinator will report to the Manager of Technology. It may be required, from time to time, to assist other members of eBOUND staff with various projects, including invoicing, filing, and sales reporting.
Digital Asset Management:
• Providing training and support for publishers using CoreSource (Digital Asset Management system that stores files and metadata, and delivers this content to distribution partners).
• Helping publishers complete the CoreSource metadata template based on the ONIX standard.
• Running demos of CoreSource for new clients, creating tutorials and hosting webinars about recurring issues or new tips and tricks.
• Acting as contact with Ingram and Publishers for technical inquiries when Manager of Technology is not available.
• Reporting on metrics and CoreSource account activity.
Metadata and Ebook Delivery:
• Quality assurance of incoming metadata from member publishers.
• EPUB validation for delivery, including simple coding fixes in HTML, CSS, and XHTML.
• Quality assurance of ebook listings on reseller sites.
• Liaising with resellers to address listing issues on reseller sites and communication with the publisher about any ebook file errors that prevent go live.
• Assisting in organizing and maintaining databases of metadata and asset history.
• Assistance with invoice preparation for DAM and conversion on a monthly cycle.
Development of Tutorials and Resources:
• Production of website content, tutorials and resources to help member publishers of various levels of technical proficiency in digital book production.
• Monitoring of media sources for digital publishing news and developments.
• Maintaining a contract spreadsheet with status of agreements.
• Sending out and receiving new contracts from publishers, ensuring they are countersigned, returned and filed correctly, paper and digital copies.
• Support for conferences and events held by eBOUND Canada.
• May be asked to handle and refer frontline inquiries from non-eBOUND members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Working with publishers to select the best conversion option for their content.
• Working with ebook conversion partners and publishers to get quotes on projects, monitor the status of projects, and to monitor quality assurance issues.
Knowledge of Excel, Access, XML, HTML, CSS a definite asset.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday, July 4, 2013.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.