February 06, 2013
Deadline for applicants: February 28, 2013
Nimbus Publishing is Atlantic Canada’s largest English-language publisher east of Toronto. Nimbus produces more than thirty new titles a year on a range of subjects relevant to the Atlantic Provinces – children’s picture books and fiction, literary non-fiction, social and cultural history, nature photography, current events, biography, sports, and cultural issues. Nimbus also does distribution for numerous Atlantic publishers, making the company the biggest book distributor on the east coast of Canada.
We are currently seeking a Part-time Publicist who will work with our team to develop, schedule, and execute marketing and promotional activities. Reporting to the General Manager, this position will involve coordinating author tours, social media and implementing campaigns for all new books published by Nimbus.
• Create and implement publicity plans including writing/editing press releases, pitch letters and organizing tours, launches, and readings/events
• Maintain, strengthen and develop media contacts and coordinate media mailings
• Update and maintain social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and blog
• Assist designing promotional material such as postcards, bookmarks, posters and advertisements
• Assist with the preparation for trade shows and sales meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Individuals must be extremely organized, and detail-oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must have a high degree of creativity and the ability to think strategically
• Must be able to work on both Mac and PC environments
• Computer skills include: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Word, and Excel experience required
• Valid driver’s license required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A post secondary degree, preferably in marketing or public relations
• Experience in the book publishing industry preferred
• Previous publicity experience would be an asset
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Terrilee Bulger at email@example.com or fax 902-455-5440.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- April 17: Incoming Canada Council director to focus on building audiences
- April 17: LAC names Guy Berthiaume to top post
- April 3: Tamblyn promoted to Kobo president
- April 3: Personnel change: Canadian Manda Group
- March 31: Personnel change: Greystone Books
- March 24: Greystone, Figure 1 announce new design directors
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.