January 31, 2013
Deadline for applicants: February 15, 2013
eBOUND Canada is an organization based in Toronto, Ontario, which arose out of the Association of Canadian Publishers to address the need to provide support to independent Canadian publishers in their efforts to keep pace with ever-shifting technology. eBOUND provides digital services to meet the current and future needs of its publisher clients. Services fall into three broad categories: collective purchasing of digital services and technology, collective licensing of ebook content, and dissemination of market and technical intelligence.
The Digital Services Coordinator will have the chance to be at the forefront of the digital evolution in publishing and will gain desirable skills. This position offers hands-on experience in performing digital publishing's most essential tasks, and an opportunity to connect with publishers across the country.
The Digital Services Coordinator will report to Christen Thomas, Manager of Technology. It may be required, from time to time, to assist other members of eBOUND staff with various projects, including invoicing, filing, and sales reporting.
Digital Asset Management (DAM):
· Supporting publishers with ingestion of assets and metadata into the DAM system, as well as trouble-shooting common errors.
· Providing training and support to publishers on DAM system for distribution of ebooks and metadata.
· Running demos of the DAM for new clients, creating tutorials and webinars about recurring issues or new tips and tricks.
· Acting as contact with SaaS suppliers and Publishers for technical inquiries when Manager of Technology is not available.
· Reporting on metrics and DAM activity.
Metadata and Ebook Delivery:
· Quality assurance of incoming metadata from member publishers.
· ePUB validation for delivery, including simple coding fixes in HTML, CSS, and XHTML. · Quality assurance of ebook listings on reseller sites.
· Liaising with resellers to address listing issues on reseller sites and communication with the publisher about any ebook file errors that prevent go live.
· Assisting in organizing and maintaining databases of metadata and asset history.
· Assistance with invoice preparation for DAM and conversion on a monthly cycle.
· Working with publishers to assess and select the best conversion option for their content.
· Working with ebook conversion partners and publishers to get quotes on projects, to monitor the status of projects, and to monitor quality assurance issues.
Development of Tutorials and Resources:
· Production of website content, tutorials and resources to help member publishers of various levels of technical proficiency in digital book production.
· Monitoring of media sources for digital publishing news and developments.
· Support for conferences and events held by eBOUND Canada.
· Maintaining a contract spreadsheet with status of agreements.
· Sending out and receiving new contracts from publishers, ensuring they are countersigned, returned and filed correctly, paper and digital copies.
· May be asked to handle and refer frontline inquiries from non-eBOUND members.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of Excel, Access, XML, XHTML, CSS, Word, and Power Point a definite asset.
Preference will be given to candidates having the following skills and experience:
· Working with a digital asset management distribution system
· Creating and validating ePUB and ONIX metadata files
· Help desk or customer service experience
· Pulling and analyzing data from databases
· Experience working with InDesign or other publishing design tools.
Resumes accompanied by a cover letter detailing why you are eBOUND’s next Digital Services Coordinator will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 5pm on Friday, February 15th, 2013.
Only those candidates who most closely meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
- November 7: Martha Sharpe returns to Canada as editorial director at Simon & Schuster Canada
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.