Don Mills, ON
January 30, 2013
Deadline for applicants: February 15, 2013
Oxford University Press
Higher Education Division
Oxford University Press has is an immediate opening for a highly organized and dynamic individual to assume the position of Editorial Assistant in the Higher Education Division.
The successful candidate will work closely with Acquisition Editors to coordinate reviews and conduct market research and competitive analyses for new publications.
Core responsibilities include:
• Conducting market research and preparing market summaries for Acquisitions Editors
• Coordinating reviews for new and revised books based on market research in conjunction with the Acquisitions Editors
• Preparing competitive analysis reports for new publications
• Conducting ancillary research for competing titles and identifying areas for improvement • Identifying possible areas for publication by gathering course schedules and market research
• Creating sales reports in SAP
• Performing other editorial duties as required
Minimum qualifications include:
• Undergraduate degree
• Strong word processing and Internet research skills
• Proven ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
• Copyediting/proofreading skills and courses through a professional publishing program an asset
Interested applicants should forward their résumé and cover letter by February 15, 2013 to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Oxford University Press Canada
8 Sampson Mews, Suite 204
Don Mills, ON
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.