January 03, 2013
Deadline for applicants: February 1, 2013
Grey House Publishing Canada
GREY HOUSE PUBLISHING CANADA INC. is the publisher of the Canadian Almanac & Directory, Canada’s leading source book since 1847 and has been distributed to over 120 countries around the world. We specialize in providing database and directory content solutions servicing the library, government and corporate markets in Canada while our parent company in New York State focuses on the US and international markets. We are currently seeking two Inside Sales Representatives. These bright and talented individuals will join our small group of dedicated staff with positive team spirit.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Inside Sales Representatives will have a background in making outbound sales calls and business development skills. The successful candidates will be goal oriented, entrepreneurial, have professional phone demeanour and be sales driven. Their excellence in campaign management, communication and persuasive selling skills are what separate them from their peers.
• Proactively sell to achieve revenue goals identified for specific geographic territories in the corporate, K-12 and government markets. Identify new business development and sales opportunities while closing independently and service list requests from brokers.
• Sell directory print products and electronic licenses into the corporate, K-12 & government markets to achieve and exceed revenue targets
• Able to be pro-active, self-motivated, efficient and communicative with all stakeholders
• Travel to customer accounts, conferences and/or trade shows when requested
• Diligently service customer accounts as required
• Establish and maintain strong and positive working relationships with colleagues and customers
• Able to maintain a professional, cooperative and enthusiastic attitude as part of a small dedicated team
• Manage list business from cradle to grave by providing quotes and closing orders with signed contracts
• Other duties as required
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• Recently finished a post-secondary education
• Bilingual French/English considered an asset, but not necessary
• Ability to follow through on campaign projects and activities
• Superior communication skills with demonstrable written and verbal acuity
• Must be adaptable and flexible in order to meet changing demands and stringent deadlines
• 1+ years selling experience
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, pro-active, team player
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
A competitive hourly wage with commission is offered.
Grey House Publishing
E-mail resumes in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please indicate job title in the subject line and attach your résumé as a Word document
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.