December 07, 2012
Deadline for applicants: December 19, 2012
Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia
Executive Director, Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia
The Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia is looking for a full-time Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
For a detailed job description, please visit: writers.ns.ca/executive-director.html
The ideal candidate has:
• A university degree in a related discipline
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A demonstrated interest in the arts
• Leadership experience
• Experience in human resource management
• Experience in financial management and fundraising
• Experience in project management
• Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities
• Proficiency in word processing and financial management software
• A valid driver’s license
Candidates must be willing to work sometimes unpredictable hours.
Apply with a resume, two letters of reference, and an essay (approximately 500 words) that explains both how you meet the job criteria and why you want to work with writers in Nova Scotia.
Applications should be sent to Kathleen Martin, Personnel Liaison, WFNS, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by December 19, 2012.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- April 17: Incoming Canada Council director to focus on building audiences
- April 17: LAC names Guy Berthiaume to top post
- April 3: Tamblyn promoted to Kobo president
- April 3: Personnel change: Canadian Manda Group
- March 31: Personnel change: Greystone Books
- March 24: Greystone, Figure 1 announce new design directors
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.