December 03, 2012
Deadline for applicants: December 14, 2012
Random House of Canada Limited
Sales Coordinator - Contract Position (1 Year)
The sales department is looking for a sales coordinator to support the Telephone Sales and Library/Academic sales departments.
• Selling, marketing and promoting RH books to independent bookstores.
• Opening up new bookstore accounts.
• Work with accounts to co-ordinate author events.
• Coordinating seasonal hotlist mailings to wholesalers, public libraries: assembling the hotlists and preparing and mailing the packages.
• Coordinating library and academic conferences: preparing the handouts, pulling and boxing samples, creating easels, arranging booth furnishings, assisting in the creation of show orders; attending school, library and academic shows in Ontario as booth support.
• Organizing mailings of ARCs and finished books to library and academic customers from our Mississauga location.
• Maintaining the archive of show samples and related themed lists.
• Supporting academic marketing initiatives: researching contacts, preparing marketing pieces.
• Preparing sales reports to support the selling efforts of the department.
• Creating and maintaining mail and email contact databases for the department.
• A passion for books
• MS Office and SAP experience
• Excellent Communication (written and oral)
• Time management skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Professional telephone manner
• Ability to work in a team as well on their own in a warehouse environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 14, 2012.
We appreciate all applications but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- December 4: Marion Garner named deputy publisher of Random House of Canada
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.