November 26, 2012
Deadline for applicants: January 31, 2013
Canadian Scholars’ Press Inc.
Canadian Scholars’ Press is one of Canada’s largest independent publishers of books, custom coursebooks and coursepacks for the higher education market. Since 1986, our success has been based on publishing indispensable books and coursepacks that have great pedagogical value. We publish Women’s Press, currently celebrating its 40th anniversary as one of Canada's foremost English-language feminist publishers. We also publish CSPI coursepacks, Canada’s leading independent coursepack service.
We are a growing company, and over the last three years we have significantly increased our revenues, our staff complement and the number of books and custom coursebooks we publish. We are seeking a marketing manager to build on and sustain this growth by leading our expanded marketing and sales efforts.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop an effective marketing strategy and implement marketing plans;
• Lead the company’s sales and marketing team;
• Coordinate marketing efforts with the acquisitions team and the custom publishing division;
• Contribute to the long-term direction of CSPI by working closely with the CSPI management team to find creative and innovative solutions for the higher education market.
Your qualifications should include:
• A post-secondary degree;
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales or marketing manager role;
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work well in a diverse environment and to develop and foster teamwork;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Experience in the book publishing industry and/or knowledge of the post-secondary educational market would be an asset;
• Strong computer skills, MS Word, Excel, and database experience would be an asset.
Compensation is dependent on qualifications and experience and includes a competitive salary, an excellent benefits program, and a significant bonus/commission structure.
If you are interested in engaging and challenging work in a creative and supportive environment, please forward your resume to:
Marketing Manager Search
Canadian Scholars’ Press Inc.
425 Adelaide Street West, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5V 3C1
www.cspi.org, www.womenspress.ca, www.coursepack.ca
Review of applications will begin on December 12 and continue until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
- November 7: Martha Sharpe returns to Canada as editorial director at Simon & Schuster Canada
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.