November 12, 2012
Deadline for applicants: November 30, 2012
Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is currently seeking an experienced Developmental Editor interested in working on a diverse list of English as a second language as well as French as a second language texts. This one-year contract position offers a great opportunity to work in a small but growing department on all aspects of manuscript development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for manuscripts from the time the project is signed until publication. The main responsibilities are manuscript development, maintaining author relations, the scheduling and coordination of projects during writing and production.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Writing set-up letters for authors outlining the details of a project, including writing schedule.
• Guiding authors through manuscript creation based on the publication plan.
• Coordinating market reviews of manuscripts.
• Working with authors to ensure all necessary revisions are implemented.
• Preparing permission logs.
• Creating design briefs for book covers and interiors based on market trends.
• Working with manuscripts through the production process, including coordinating with freelancers.
The Developmental Editor reports to the E/LT department Supervising Editor and works closely with other members of the editorial team. Three to five years of editorial experience and being English/French bilingual are essential. ESL experience is an asset.
Applicants should forward their résumé and cover letter by November 30, 2012 to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Oxford University Press Canada
8 Sampson Mews, Suite 204
Don Mills, ON
**We thank all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.**
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.