November 12, 2012
Deadline for applicants: November 22, 2012
Kids Can Press Ltd.
Kids Can Press Ltd.
A Corus Entertainment Company
Kids Can Press Ltd., a subsidiary of Corus Entertainment Inc. and a leading Canadian publisher of books for children, has an exciting opportunity for a Publishing Assistant in our Toronto location. This is a one-year contract position. Reporting to the Associate Publisher, the successful candidate will be responsible for project coordination of all custom publishing sales and providing support to the Editorial, Design and Editorial Services departments.
• Project coordination of all custom publishing sales –– working with Sales & Marketing, Editorial, Design, Production and the client to ensure that the project is completed on budget and on time.
• Coordinate creator contracts, including proofreading contracts, trafficking contracts internally and externally for signature, maintaining contract files, etc.
• Provide administrative support to the Editorial and Editorial Services departments by assisting with ebook quality assurance, coordinating responses to unsolicited manuscripts, assisting with correspondence, maintaining archives, checking and processing invoices, and sending out creator comp copies.
• Provide editorial support to the Editorial department by conducting research into curriculum and competition and other general editorial tasks as requested.
• Copy edit and proofread editorial and marketing copy as required.
• Provide general administrative support to the Associate Publisher and to the department as required (photocopying, filing, correspondence, couriering packages, etc.).
The successful candidate is a self-starter who works equally well independently and as part of a team, organized with excellent time management skills and interested in children’s literature and the children’s book industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• University degree with one year's relevant publishing experience.
• Demonstrated copy editing and proofreading skills.
• Working knowledge of the publishing production process.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage constantly shifting priorities.
• Strong relationship management and project management skills.
We offer a competitive salary and good working conditions in a convenient downtown location near Union Station. Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by Thursday, November 22, 2012 to: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: 416-960-5437
Please include Publishing Assistant in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- April 17: Incoming Canada Council director to focus on building audiences
- April 17: LAC names Guy Berthiaume to top post
- April 3: Tamblyn promoted to Kobo president
- April 3: Personnel change: Canadian Manda Group
- March 31: Personnel change: Greystone Books
- March 24: Greystone, Figure 1 announce new design directors
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.