November 12, 2012
Deadline for applicants: December 12, 2012
Richard Ivey School of Business Foundation
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Ivey Publishing is the world’s second largest distributor of interview-based, decision-oriented, university-level business case studies. The Director is responsible for providing operational direction and leadership of the department, with particular emphasis on growth in external sales and growth in the case inventory. The Director is also responsible for ensuring the delivery of products and services at their highest quality.
Management of activities related to the above responsibilities requires drive and energy, a proven ability to create and execute marketing strategies, strong sales and presentation skills, skill at leading, motivating and coaching team performance and the ability to build effective relationships with many stakeholders (faculty, other Western and Ivey departments, and external faculty and customers).
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. Develop and execute a marketing strategy to increase external sales, particularly in the largest market, the USA. Sales revenue will be a key metric.
2. Facilitate the acquisition of case content, particularly from external non-Ivey authors. The volume of high quality cases acquired will be a key metric.
3. Manage a staff of 12 or more employees which includes both operations and sales to ensure the current outstanding reputation in servicing both internal and external customers is maintained, without sacrificing quality or timeliness.
4. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Ivey Publishing database for data analyses required for sales activities, royalty reporting, promotion and tenure data and market research.
ACTIVITIES WITH DIRECT DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
1. Implement marketing strategy to increase external sales of Ivey products. This includes trip planning and travel when necessary.
2. Act as the key liaison with other faculty and senior administrative personnel.
3. Lead the operations of the department to provide excellent customer service to all constituents. This includes case publishing, course materials production and distribution, fees collections process, cost recovery, and all database/system related issues.
4. Effectively lead and manage staff of 12.
5. Ensure existing supplier and distributor relationships are managed in a professional manner by respective staff members.
6. Develop and implement strategy to increase the product portfolio. This includes identifying, approaching and negotiating with content prospects (individuals and/or institutions) to register their case content with Ivey Publishing.
ACTIVITIES REQUIRING CONSULTATION AND/OR COOPERATION:
1. In conjunction with the Director, develop the marketing strategy for Ivey cases around the world. Focus will be on increasing sales revenue primarily from the US market.
2. In consultation with the Director and the Executive Committee, develop and administer an annual budget that includes sales revenue, cost of goods sold, and operating expenses to arrive at a net contribution to the school.
3. Establish product pricing structure for external sales in consultation with the Director.
4. Obtain Deans Office approval on any internal process changes with regard to student fees, course material charges, etc.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
University degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience leading a team of customer service and sales professionals.
• Proven ability to grow revenues
• Experience in marketing and marketing strategy
• Extensive selling and relationship building experience
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to make effective presentations.
• Demonstrated track record as an effective leader and manager
• Demonstrated experience and ability to direct process improvement and customer service delivery
• Strong decision-making skills>br> • Strong administrative and systems knowledge and skills.
• Knowledge of industry trends and techniques an asset.
• Knowledge of and experience with “the case method” strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of copyright regulations and publishing processes preferred.
• Professional in presence and demeanor.
Location: Richard Ivey School of Business Foundation, London, Ontario
This is a two-year renewable contract with comprehensive benefits.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their applications in confidence to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. before December 7, 2012. Please include reference IP072 in the subject line.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- April 3: Tamblyn promoted to Kobo president
- April 3: Personnel change: Canadian Manda Group
- March 31: Personnel change: Greystone Books
- March 24: Greystone, Figure 1 announce new design directors
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.