November 10, 2012
Deadline for applicants: December 10, 2012
The Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales strategy execution with improved profitable sales results from the Account Executive team. The Sales Manager will focus on the development of the Account Executive team through motivation, coaching and skills development, and improving sales productivity. From time to time the Sales Manager will participate in sales calls with the Account Executives. The Sales Manager is also responsible for the implementation of Webcom’s BookFWD sales strategy.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, coaching, skills development and product/ market knowledge development.
• Participate in sales calls with Account Executives in the field approximately 70% of the time.
• Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales representatives so that they possess sufficient business and market knowledge to present information the company’s business models and products in an accurate and balanced manner that meets the customer’s business requirements.
• Responsible for monitoring the activity, performance and process compliance of the sales team through CRM, establishing reports and communications around the sales reports and cyclical sales meetings.
• Manage the sales operation functions, performance reporting, work with the Director of Sales with streamlining processes, systems and automation when possible.
• Advise senior management and Customer Service Manager on maximizing business relationships that are not well serviced creating an environment where customer service can improve and flourish.
• Manage the sales team. Execute a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence throughout targeted strategic customers in North America.
• Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each market and product segment (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force.
• Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organization and control of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
• Maintains a healthy and safe working environment.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills, ability to develop and foster teamwork
• Strong ability to guide, coach and mentor a team
• Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize
• Experience with change management
• Ability to train and orient a team to foster staff development
• Strong computer skills, MS Word, Excel, and database experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales management role
• Experience in a print manufacturing environment is preferred
Webcom offers competitive compensation and benefits packages with the opportunity to receive an annual bonus.
Interested applicants should should submit their cover letter and resume to Human.Resources@webcomlink.com. Please reference "Sales Manager" in the subject heading.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
- November 7: Martha Sharpe returns to Canada as editorial director at Simon & Schuster Canada
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.