October 16, 2012
Quill & Quire
Do you love Canadian books? Want to learn more about the publishing industry? Then Q&Q’s editorial internship may be right for you.
Intern duties include blogging for the Q&Q website, proofreading and fact-checking for the website and the print magazine, updating online events listings, and compiling bestsellers’ lists. Interns will have opportunities to report on and shoot photos of industry events.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication and writing skills, who are eager to experience all aspects of magazine and online journalism.
The internship is full-time and runs for four months, beginning in September. Though the internship is unpaid, successful candidates will receive a Metropass and have opportunities to freelance stories for the magazine.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and clippings by July 14 to editor Stuart Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- December 4: Marion Garner named deputy publisher of Random House of Canada
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.