October 16, 2012
Quill & Quire
Do you love Canadian books? Want to learn more about the publishing industry? Then Q&Q’s editorial internship may be right for you.
Intern duties include blogging for the Q&Q website, proofreading and fact-checking for the website and the print magazine, updating online events listings, and compiling bestsellers’ lists. Interns will have opportunities to report on and shoot photos of industry events.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication and writing skills, who are eager to experience all aspects of magazine and online journalism.
Q&Q internships are full-time and run for four months, beginning in January, May, and September. We are currently looking for an intern interested in a placement starting in January 2013. Though the internship is unpaid, successful candidates will receive a Metropass and have opportunities to freelance stories for the magazine.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and clippings to editor Stuart Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- May 13: Personnel change: BookNet Canada
- April 1: Personnel changes: James Lorimer & Company
- March 28: Janice Zawerbny to lead Anansi’s Canadian fiction program
- March 28: Michael Schellenberg joins Ontario Arts Council as literary officer
- March 28: Personnel change: McGill-Queen’s University Press
- March 26: Personnel change: The Rights Factory
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.