October 16, 2012
Quill & Quire
Do you love Canadian books? Want to learn more about the publishing industry? Then Q&Q’s editorial internship may be right for you.
Intern duties include blogging for the Q&Q website, proofreading and fact-checking for the website and the print magazine, updating online events listings, and compiling bestsellers’ lists. Interns will have opportunities to report on and shoot photos of industry events.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication and writing skills, who are eager to experience all aspects of magazine and online journalism.
The internship is full-time and runs for four months, beginning in September. Though the internship is unpaid, successful candidates will receive a Metropass and have opportunities to freelance stories for the magazine.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and clippings by July 14 to editor Stuart Woods at email@example.com
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.