October 16, 2012
Quill & Quire
Do you love Canadian books? Want to learn more about the publishing industry? Then Q&Q’s editorial internship may be right for you.
Intern duties include blogging for the Q&Q website, proofreading and fact-checking for the website and the print magazine, updating online events listings, and compiling bestsellers’ lists. Interns will have opportunities to report on and shoot photos of industry events.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication and writing skills, who are eager to experience all aspects of magazine and online journalism.
The internship is full-time and runs for four months, beginning in September. Though the internship is unpaid, successful candidates will receive a Metropass and have opportunities to freelance stories for the magazine.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and clippings by July 14 to editor Stuart Woods at email@example.com
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- April 17: Incoming Canada Council director to focus on building audiences
- April 17: LAC names Guy Berthiaume to top post
- April 3: Tamblyn promoted to Kobo president
- April 3: Personnel change: Canadian Manda Group
- March 31: Personnel change: Greystone Books
- March 24: Greystone, Figure 1 announce new design directors
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.