September 04, 2012
Deadline for applicants: September 14, 2012
Owlkids, publisher of Chirp, chickaDEE, and OWL magazines and Owlkids Books, currently has an opening for a one-year contract position for the Assistant to the Group Publisher.
- Assist the Group Publisher with day-to-day tasks as well as various ongoing projects
- Manage book royalties, which includes: generating royalty statements twice a year and ensuring contributors are paid, adding royalty information to our internal system and tracking foreign and special sales.
- Work with Publisher of Owlkids Books on book grants ensuring that submissions and reports are complete and deadlines are met
- Track contributor contracts and ensure advances are paid
- Various administrative tasks such as: expenses, tracking company credit card charges, setting up lunches, booking meetings, organize office events, scanning & filing, sending packages, registering staff for conferences when needed etc.
The successful candidate will be a university or college graduate with:
• Internship or previous employment in magazine, book or newspaper publishing
• Ability to take initiative and work well independently
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with numbers
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required. Experience in InDesign is a plus
• Comfortable working with upper management on a regular basis
Deadline for applications: September 14, 2012
Start date: October 9, 2012
To apply, please send your resume with a detailed cover letter to:
10 Lower Spadina Ave., Ste. 400
Toronto, ON M5V 2Z2
Fax: (416) 340-9769
No phone calls please
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- May 23: Personnel change: Ontario Arts Council
- May 13: Personnel change: BookNet Canada
- April 1: Personnel changes: James Lorimer & Company
- March 28: Janice Zawerbny to lead Anansi’s Canadian fiction program
- March 28: Michael Schellenberg joins Ontario Arts Council as literary officer
- March 28: Personnel change: McGill-Queen’s University Press
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.