Don Mills, Ontario
April 02, 2012
Deadline for applicants: April 20, 2012
OPEN POSITION: Production Specialist, School
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, consumer publishing and business information, focusing on education in the broadest sense of the word. It has more than 29,000 employees based in 60 countries, including 650 people in three locations across Canada.
Pearson is home to many of the most respected and renowned publishing brands, including Penguin, Viking, Prentice Hall, Addison Wesley, Allyn & Bacon, and Longman. Our imprints have earned the trust of professionals, educators, students, and general readers alike for our commitment to quality, integrity and independence of thought. Through our Higher Education, School, and Penguin divisions, Pearson Canada distributes and publishes acclaimed fiction and nonfiction as well as leading educational resources in print and digital formats across the full Canadian curriculum. We are proud to publish bestselling and renowned Canadian authors in literature and children’s books, computers and business, as well as elementary, secondary and post-secondary education. Our innovative digital products, ranging from multimedia learning applications to interactive media, have made us leaders in value-added technology. www.pearsoncanada.ca
The Cross Media Publishing Services Department is currently recruiting for a creative and hard-working individual to assume the permanent, full-time position of Production Specialist, School. This position is based in the Don Mills office.
Reporting to the Production Director this position is responsible for the production of K-12 media and print products that support School’s market needs.
• Liaise with editorial personnel on product development and design
• Oversee external suppliers and developers
• Provide technical support to editorial and marketing staff
• Design, develop, and manage new products for the web, physical media and print in accordance with divisional needs
• Coordinate testing of products
• Coordinate the production of new media products, especially websites (e.g., proprietary course management systems, custom websites)
• Project Management experience in the area of K-12 product development, scheduling, negotiating and budgeting
• 1-3 years experience working in web production and/or publishing environment a plus
• College diploma in information or web technologies or in graphic arts
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines in a team orientated environment
• Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate content/business needs
• Recommend product specification paths in smart content development for digital/print workflow
• Experience with information and interface design
• Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
• Current knowledge of graphic arts and prepress technologies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge of Flash and Actionscript programming
• Familiarity with Mac, Windows, and UNIX platforms
• Experience with Microsoft Word , Excel and Project
• In depth knowledge of Web technologies, including programming and understanding of databases
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and résumé by April 20, 2012 to:
Nella Caruso - Human Resources Consultant
26 Prince Andrew Place
Don Mills, Ontario, M3C 2T8
Fax: (416) 447-0598
We would like to thank all those who inquire or apply.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.