March 12, 2012
Deadline for applicants: March 28, 2012
Centre for International Governance Innovation
The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) is an independent, non-partisan think tank on international governance, based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and founded in 2001. Led by experienced practitioners and distinguished academics, CIGI supports research, forms networks, advances policy debate and generates ideas for multilateral governance improvements. CIGI's research programs focus on four themes: the global economy, environment and energy, global development and global security.
Currently, we have a unique opening for a Publications Editor to join our team.
The Publications Editor is responsible for editing the written outputs from CIGI’s research programs, such as policy briefs, papers, special reports, conference reports, commentaries and other written articles. The position reports to the Managing Editor, Publications.
• Structural, substantive and copyediting of policy briefs, papers, reports and articles.
• Proofreading and reference checking.
• Editing CIGI collateral and online articles.
• Liaison with internal and external authors.
• Working with external printers for printing quotes.
• Writing and editing summaries of policy and research reports for a broad audience.
• Conceptualizing, writing and editing summaries and communication pieces related to CIGI’s publications.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Exceptional editing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
• Understanding of international relations and global governance, including international economic affairs.
• Familiarity with the research publishing process.
• Ability to edit or summarize academic research material for policy-relevant audiences.
• High standard of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong sense of responsibility and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Able to work within a team and organizational structure that values innovation, collaboration and productivity.
• A university degree in communications, international relations, economics, English or an advanced college diploma in publishing or journalism.
• At least three years of professional editing experience in a publications environment.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with editing using InCopy and InDesign software.
• Experience working in think tanks or in policy-related publishing would be an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com by 28 March, 2012. We appreciate all candidates’ applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- March 6: Personnel change: Hachette Book Group Canada
- February 27: WCA agents Jackie Kaiser and Hilary McMahon promoted to executive roles
- February 27: Personnel change: Breakwater Books
- February 24: Personnel change: Figure 1 Publishing
- February 10: Noah Richler joins Luminato as literary and ideas curator
- January 30: University of Alberta Press appoints first scholar-in-residence
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.