UBC Point Grey Campus, Vancouver B.C.
March 05, 2012
Deadline for applicants: March 19, 2012
UBC Pacific Educational Press
March 6, 2012
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
Pacific Educational Press
University of British Columbia
The sales and marketing manager plays a key role disseminating information about and selling this publishing company’s books to key customers. The manager will assist the management team in strategizing marketing campaigns to maximize book sales and will implement these campaigns.
Job duties will include the following. The sales and marketing manager will:
• create sales and marketing plans for book titles, working with other members of the publishing team;
• research markets, make sales projections, and identify key contacts;
• implement sales and marketing campaigns;
• sell textbooks and other educational books in the education market;
• create and make presentations to prospective customers, such as school districts or boards;
• represent the press at educational conferences, staffing displays and making presentations;
• maintain supportive customer relations;
• respond to customer queries about titles and distribute requested marketing materials;
• provide feedback on jacket copy and design;
• write catalogue and website copy;
• accept book orders;
• prepare sales reports and conduct sales analysis;
• represent the press at educational professional development events.
• travel in western Canada as needed.
The Sales and Marketing Manager will report to the Director and collaborate with senior editors and production staff on specific projects. Some travel in western Canada will be required.
Applicants for this position must have the following:
• a diploma in marketing or equivalent;
• two year’s experience in book sales and marketing, preferably in an educational publishing company;
• excellent written and oral communication skills;
• familiarity with Macintosh computers and word processing and database software.
Applications must be submitted through the University of British Columbia Human Resources Department, www.hr.ubc.ca, within the following dates: March 6 – 19, 2012
For further information, please contact Catherine Edwards, email@example.com
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- December 4: Marion Garner named deputy publisher of Random House of Canada
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.