Don Mills, Ontario
February 16, 2012
Deadline for applicants: March 6, 2012
Oxford University Press
Higher Education Division
Oxford University Press is Canada’s fastest growing publisher of market-leading textbooks, ebooks and innovative learning solutions in a variety of post-secondary disciplines.
Oxford’s Higher Education Division is looking for a dynamic, results-driven Acquisitions Editor to join our team in the Toronto head office.
To succeed at OUP, you must be articulate, resourceful, and someone who thrives in a fast-moving work environment. Finely honed organizational skills and the ability to prioritize quickly and effectively allow you to manage numerous projects simultaneously to deadline. You are a passionate team player, and you seek out creative solutions to meet the needs of today’s students and instructors. An innovative self-starter, you have experience working with new media and digital publishing. You’re a persuasive public speaker, and comfortable in front of a crowd. As a member of the acquisitions team, you’ll travel Canada seeking out new authors for and to promote our fast-growing higher education lists.
You must hold a university degree and have a minimum of 3 years sales and/or editorial or marketing experience in the publishing industry. Digital publishing and new media experience is an asset.
At OUP, we're committed to hiring, rewarding, and retaining the best people. Being a member of our team entitles you to a comprehensive benefits program, company car, and generous compensation plan.
• Work with authors to develop and prepare new projects for approval
• In collaboration with other departments, prepare accurate project budgets and sales projections
• Effectively manage strategic growth and development of publishing lists in a variety of disciplines
• Coordinate the development of digital and new media resources to meet market needs
• Work with sales representatives in the field to promote OUP titles and learning solutions
• Attend sales conferences to present new titles and products to sales and marketing teams
Please forward your résumé and cover letter by March 6, 2012 to:
Human Resources Manager
Oxford University Press Canada
8 Sampson Mews, Suite 204
Don Mills, ON
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- December 4: Marion Garner named deputy publisher of Random House of Canada
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.