February 13, 2012
Deadline for applicants: April 2, 2012
Call for Applications for a Writer-in-Residence
Department of English 2012-2013
A 14-week Writer-in-Residence appointment in the Department of English will be awarded to a creative writer in the Fall or Winter term, 2012-13. The writer-in-residence will teach a weekly creative writing workshop and will collaborate with the Richler Writer-in-Residence in the Département de langue et littérature françaises on a small number of workshops and literary events. Writers in all areas (including fiction, poetry, drama, screenwriting) are welcome to apply. The Richler Writer-in-Residence will receive a stipend of $20,000 CDN. Please submit by email a curriculum vitae, a cover letter outlining work in creative writing and teaching experience, a sample of written work, and the names and contact information of three referees to Allan Hepburn, Chair, Department of English, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2, 2012.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- December 4: Marion Garner named deputy publisher of Random House of Canada
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.