October 20, 2011
Deadline for applicants: November 20, 2011
Harlequin Enterprises Limited
The focus of this position is in providing administrative and editorial support to the Executive Editor, Feature and Custom Publishing, and the Senior Editor, Gold Eagle
• Provides administrative and clerical support, including such tasks as screening and handling of telephone calls; sorting and logging of daily mail and on-line requests and submissions; preparing correspondence and forms; establishing/maintaining electronic file systems; photocopying and making travel arrangements as required; booking meetings, directing queries to appropriate individuals. Manages requests from overseas offices and internal departments for manuscripts, cover copy, prelim material, cover flats, art briefs and reviews.
• Provides editorial support, including such tasks as evaluating suitability of books for various reissue programs, preparing draft revision letters, assisting with author alterations on text refreshes, preparing Art Fact Sheets, prelim packages and some back cover copy and line edits as assigned. Contributes to departmental meetings.
• Processes all incoming and outgoing submissions within agreed upon systems and guidelines. Logs and distributes submissions. Responds to unsolicited / unagented submissions. Forwards agented/solicited submissions to appropriate editors. Logs, distributes and tracks mss designated for reissues in various F and CP and G.E. programs.
• Prepares required monthly departmental reports including attendance, status and inventory. Maintains effective logs and tracking systems, including the use of editorial database HERS and scheduling binders.
Qualifications Competencies and Skills:
Specific training or job experience required before appointment includes:
• Undergraduate degree in liberal arts
• Post-secondary publishing diploma an asset
• 1 year’s administrative and/or website experience
• 1 to 3 years’ experience in the publishing industry an asset
• Knowledge of editorial procedures and processes an asset
• Line-editing experience an asset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, planning and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
• Teamwork, problem-solving, decision-making and prioritization skills
• Adaptability/flexibility, creativity and customer orientation
Interested, qualified, internal applicants should apply on our website (www.Harlequin.com) or on Workopolis (www.Workopolis.com).
Only those applicants who will be moving to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Harlequin.
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- April 17: Incoming Canada Council director to focus on building audiences
- April 17: LAC names Guy Berthiaume to top post
- April 3: Tamblyn promoted to Kobo president
- April 3: Personnel change: Canadian Manda Group
- March 31: Personnel change: Greystone Books
- March 24: Greystone, Figure 1 announce new design directors
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.