October 19, 2010
Deadline for applicants: November 1, 2010
Literary Press Group of Canada
The Literary Press Group of Canada is a national association of independently owned and operated Canadian book publishers, specializing in works of cultural importance in literary fiction and non-fiction, poetry, drama, the fine arts, and graphic novels. Our sales force is a highly professional team that maximizes sales opportunities while promoting Canadian literary culture. Our sales force has 46 clients, ranging from freshly-founded companies to many of Canada’s most distinguished literary publishers. We are currently seeking an Interim Sales and Marketing Manager to cover a six-month medical leave.
We are seeking a publishing sales professional who will:
• Represent titles to national accounts in Canada and the US;
• Supervise four regional sales representative and one marketing coordinator;
• Implement proactive sales plans and marketing campaigns;
• Provide regular reporting to publishers, including, but not limited to, sales commissions and sales analysis, and be a resource for publishers to help and advise on publishing and marketing activities;
• Organize the LPG’s Spring 2011 sales conference;
• Co-ordinate communication between LPG publishers and sales staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Recent experience as a national accounts representative or sales manager, or significant current experience as a regional sales representative, for a Canadian publisher or sales force;
• The ability to work independently while managing several staff and liaising with a diverse group of publishers;
• A good working knowledge of common office systems, including Excel and Filemaker;
• An understanding of Canadian literary culture and a drive to work with a diverse and entrepreneurial group of publishers.
The Interim Sales and Marketing Manager will work out of the LPG’s main office in downtown Toronto. Travel requirements will be minimal for term of this contract.
Interested candidates should send a covering letter and curriculum vitae to:
192 Spadina Avenue, Suite 501
Toronto ON M5T 2C2
From Q&Q Omni: Recent personnel changes
- December 4: Marion Garner named deputy publisher of Random House of Canada
- November 27: Dimitri Nasrallah takes over as editor at Esplanade
- November 14: Penguin Random House Canada realigns sales department, promotes Jordan Fenn
- November 14: Personnel changes: Goose Lane Editions
- November 12: Personnel change: Palimpsest Press
- November 7: Kristin Cochrane promoted to president and publisher of Random House of Canada; Louise Dennys named executive publisher
Looking to Post an Available Position?
Job opportunities can be listed on the Q&Q Omni job board for up to a month, and will also be sent by e-mail to the paid professional members of the site as part of Q&Q's e-mail news service.